Hello Everyone and Happy New Year!
My name is Tracey, and I'm a new teacher at SES. I'm so happy to now be living in Japan! Before moving here, I lived in Dallas, TX for almost 14 years. It's such a cool city! Would you like to know more? Here's a bit of information I thought I'd share:
- Dallas is the 9th largest city in the United States.
- Dallas is the 3rd largest city in Texas (Houston is 1st and San Antonio is 2nd).
- Approximately 1.28 million people live in Dallas.
- Dallas is home to DFW International Airport, one of the largest and busiest airports in the world.
- Dallas is home to five major league sports teams. They are:
- Dallas Cowboys (Football)
- Texas Rangers (Baseball) ** 3 Japanese players have been or are currently on their roster (Koji Uehara, Yu Darvish and Kyuji Fujisawa) **
- Dallas Mavericks (Basketball)
- Dallas Stars (Hockey)
- FC Dallas (Soccer)
- On November 22, 1963, John F. Kennedy, the 35th President of the United States, was assassinated in Dallas.
- 7-Eleven originated in Dallas, TX in 1927. 7-Eleven Inc., is headquartered in Dallas as well.
- Toyota is relocating its US headquarters to Plano, TX, a city in the DFW metroplex.
- Sendai, Japan is an international friendship city to Dallas.
Take a look at my hometown!
|Winspear Opera House - AT&T Performing Arts Center|
|Klyde Warren Park|
|Dallas Love Field Airport|
|George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum|
|DART Rail Station|
|The Sixth Floor Museum|
I hope that you enjoyed my little virtual trip back home. If you're ever in Dallas, I think that you'll love the city just as much as I do. See you!