Today we will try a listening and vocabulary exercise with Roman Holiday starring Audrey Hepburn.
1) Please click HERE to download (put on your computer) the question and answer sheet.
2) There are three parts to the paper (Summary, Fill in the blank, and the Subtitles).
3) Summary Exercise: Watch the video two or three times and try to write some words you hear. It is okay if it is very very very hard. Native speed listening exercises are very hard.
4) Fill in the Blank: Watch the video one or two times and try to fill in the blanks.
5) Subtitles: read the subtitles of Roman Holiday and look at your answers on the Fill in the Blank exercise. How did you do?
6) Pronunciation and Summary: Now listen to the pronunciation and read aloud (out loud) with the actor and actress. After you try this once, try to listen again and practice the Summary exercise one more time.
*Remember: If you want to improve your English, study a few time a week and do not be scared to make many mistakes.