2013年6月20日木曜日

Barbecue

~アメリカの夏・BBQあれこれ(アンバー講師)~

It's that time of year again. The days are becoming more and more hot and people are starting to head to the beach. I know that spring is usually the time when many Japanese enjoy barbecuing, but in The U.S., summer is barbecue season. I thought I would tell you about a typical American barbecue. In Japan when you are invited to a barbecue( bbq) it is polite to bring something to share. The same is true in The U.S. but usually American's bring side dishes like potato salad, chips, salad and of course beer. The meat or main dish is usually bought, cooked and served by the person who is holding the bbq.



I'm from Florida and the weather is usually around 38 degrees in the summer, so most of the time there is a place to swim. A person with a pool at their home will often have bbq's, or it will be held in a park with a lake to swim in, or the beach. Even a sprinkler or small water slide for children to run and play in is normal at an American bbq, because it is just so HOT!


I'm not a big fan of summer, but I do love bbq's. Until next time
~ Amber

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿